Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Update & Clarification

As indicated in yesterday's post, 2013 is off to a rough start for me...so needless to say so too are my efforts with this 12 week Challenge.  I celebrate those who are doing well and make awesome progress!  I support those who are struggling for various reasons!  Next week is a weigh/measure week and reassessment; so however you are, use this week to figure out what is and isn't working so you can make necessary tweaks to your plan and effect the progress you have set for yourself!

Sickness has been a large contributor in me not doing well thus far on my fitness/yoga/running challenges, but I think I am about out of the horror of it all and can rededicate myself to balanced efforts!  If you are sick, been sick, getting sick, know that pushing through sickness regarding workouts is not always wise depending upon what your issue is......Listen to your body and do what is best for you in getting well.  It's okay to take time away from the workouts to get well so you don't prolong your aliments ;-)  Always just do the best you can until you can do better!!!

A little note to all those out there reading my blog (however often), it was said to me last week that my blog is very wordy.  I have to laugh at that because .... it is very wordy.  This of course comes from a young 20 something who is in the era of video blogs and as little reading effort as possible.  This blog completely reflects my personality and I am a dinosaur at heart even though I am only just now 40.  I may at some point jazz up my site, add tons of pics, and/or videos instead of (heaven forbid) all the "reading" but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet ;-)  Seriously though, I appreciate all of you who fain to read such a word heavy blog.  Know that I cliff note it as much as possible and am only trying to provide you with snippets of as much healthy (mental, spiritual, fitness, nutrition, life) information as possible from the large amounts of textbooks, nonfiction books, blogs, magazines, journals, and research that I pour over regularly.  At some point, I would like to also offer a pay site where I feel more at ease with posting video posts, streaming workouts, podcasts, etc., but I am just not there yet nor do I want to ever diminish what I offer for free for those who otherwise wouldn't have access to such information. 

Also know, that I realize the "spiritual" posts are not everyone's appetite and not what they come to my site for.....My intention is to never offend.  My sessions with folks are always about what each individual is wanting/needing from me and usually that is just workouts, form correction, and fitness information.  Sometimes they need more nutritional support.  Other times they are looking for more of a "life coaching" dynamic.  I offer all of this in my one-on-ones and therefore my blog is no different.  Just like with anything else in life and books....take the good you are seeking and leave what you are not seeking or yet ready for where you found it (alone). 

I hope these clarifications have helped or even made sense ;-)  Namaste!  God Bless!  Crank it Up! (tee hee....yes I am a dork as well).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment