Featured Post

90 Days & Beyond

To say that I have been under intense personal construction and refinement these past months is an understatement. The choice to "not ...

Monday, August 6, 2012

Two Week Follow Up

Knowing what to do and actually doing it do not always go hand in hand.  Just look at the personnel in a doctor's office and/or hospital.  We are all just human and beyond the everyday stresses of life and busy bustle, we get bored.  This blog is all about implementing life style changes and not quick fixes, diets, and the rest, but even changing your habits for the long haul can get cumbersome and boring.  Being aware that goals are constantly important to maintain, especially once we achieve what we feel are our "ultimate goals" and consider ourselves on "maintenance"....BEWARE OF COMPLACENCY!

If you started a two week Challenge...YAY!  If not, I highly recommend it to kick start your mindset in the right direction!  These past two weeks were just what I needed to get my head fully back in the right direction!  I was drowning in stress and turning my focus on the right balance everyday was just what I needed to recenter and get back on track!  Was I perfect in all I did, NO....no one is or can be perfect....but trying to do your perfect best each and every day is worth striving for and keeps you out of a lot of pitfalls!!!! 

What were my bottom-line results?  I am only posting this because I know it will be helpful to some of you to know what "rewards" you get from just a few changes....My two weeks habits exchange challenge was to get back into a daily yoga practice and to knock out cocktail hour ;-)  I was mostly 100% on this but did miss a couple of days of yoga and had wine with dinner one evening.  Aside from the trade in aspect of the two weeks challenge, I got back to preplanning my meals, getting in all of my workouts, daily Bible study, etc., it was great to get back to what truly reduces my stress levels.  Was it easy to juggle it all, not at first, but making it a priority did in fact make it easier and even with more time demands from work and kids starting back to school, it is just part of the daily routine.  In just fourteen days, I lost 8 pounds and 4 inches off my waistline....note to all those that think calorie restriction is the way to lose weight..I lost 8 pounds eating between 1800-2200 calories each and every day!  Eating Supportively

Now that my head is in the right place, I have reset my goals for a 4 week mini challenge....details to follow.....Hope you are ready ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment